WSRE Wine & Food Classic Hits the Beach in Two Weeks
Last Updated by
PENSACOLA, Fla., September 30, 2016—Eighteen of the area’s top chefs will be plating up their best for WSRE’s “Seasoned in the South” walkabout tasting on Friday, Oct. 14, and North Carolina Chef Troy Gagliardo will be presenting the menu for a more intimate fine dining experience on Saturday, Oct. 15—all part of the 28th Annual Wine & Food Classic in support of WSRE’s programming and educational services. Both events will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Hilton Pensacola Beach.
The cost is $50 for Friday’s “Grand Southern Tasting” and $150 for Saturday’s “VIP Cuisine Scene.” Signed copies of Gagliardo’s cookbook, “Pseudo Southern: A Playful Twist on the Art of Southern Cooking,” will be available for purchase during both events, also in support of the WSRE-TV Foundation. Tickets are available online at wsre.org/wineandfood.
- “Seasoned in the South” 28th Annual WSRE Wine & Food Classic
- WSRE, PBS for the Gulf Coast, along with:
- Eighteen area chefs competing for the Earl Peyroux Culinary Legacy Award on Friday
- Chef Troy Gagliardo signing his cookbook on Friday; presenting chef on Saturday
- So Gourmet & Kitchenry, Presenting Sponsor
- Gulf Power Company, “Grand Southern Tasting” Sponsor
- Polonza Bistro, Celebrity Chef Sponsor
- All proceeds support the mission of WSRE, PBS for the Gulf Coast.
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 14–15
- Hilton Pensacola Beach
- Tickets are available online at wsre.org/wineandfood or by calling (850) 484-1054:
- $50 for Friday’s “Grand Southern Tasting” on the Beachside Lawn;
- $150 for the “VIP Cuisine Scene” at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Towers on Saturday.
Photo Credit: Deanie Sexton
Participating Local Chefs: Joe Abston, Taco Mez; Dan Dunn, H2O Pensacola Beach Hilton; John Huggins, LaBrisa; Chrisoula Hulion, Chrisoula’s Cheesecake Shoppe & Cafe; Corey Humble, Five Sisters Blues Café; MariCarmen Josephs, Carmen’s Lunch Bar; Paulette Martin, Nouveau Pastries & Catering; Brandon Melton, Skopelos at New World; David Penniman, Classic City Catering; Chris Pichotta, V. Paul’s Italian Ristorante; Blake Rushing, The Union Public House; John Smith, Hemingway’s Island Grill; Mike Tilton, Jubilee Oyster Bar & Grille; Chris Tingle, McGuire’s Irish Pub; Eric Troup, Margaritaville; Steven Turner, Polonza Bistro; Josh Warner, The Grand Marlin; Mark Williams, Jaco’s Bayfront Bar & Grille.
About Chef Troy Gagliardo
One of Charlotte, N.C.’s top chefs, Troy Gagliardo is a self-taught cook and former restaurateur who has parlayed his years of experience into many culinary ventures, including a spice line, cookbooks, freelance writing and TV. His unique twist on southern cuisine has been showcased on “Fox & Friends Weekend” and in national commercials with NASCAR’s Dale Earnhardt Jr. He regularly appears on Charlotte’s WCCB with “Troy’s Everyday Eats” live cooking segments and as the host of “Chef Spotlight.” For his Motown Spice Provisions spice line, Gagliardo sources products from all over the world to get the highest quality herbs and spices. For his TV appearances, he has teamed up with The Fresh Market for ingredients, and he will be shopping The Fresh Market in Pensacola, as well, in preparation for his Wine & Food Classic cooking presentations. His cookbook, “Pseudo Southern—A Playful Twist on the Art of Southern Cooking,” has been endorsed by celebrity chefs including Fabio Viviani (“Top Chef”) and Vivian Howard (“A Chef’s Life”). Signed copies will be available for purchase during Wine & Food Classic events.
Media Relations Contact: