WSRE’s “StudioAmped” welcomes music fans to the Amos for nine free shows
Last Updated by
PENSACOLA, Fla., September 23, 2016—WSRE invites music fans to be part of the live studio audience for the ninth season of the televised concert series, “StudioAmped.” Nine shows will be recorded in the WSRE Jean & Paul Amos Performance Studio from September 30 to October 13. All performances are open to the public, and admission is free. Donations for MANNA Food Pantries will be collected at the door. The full lineup is scheduled as follows:
- Friday, Sept. 30: Pensacola Beach Songwriters Festival Special featuring Charlie Black, Dana Hunt Black and Don Poythress (Nashville)
- Monday, Oct. 3: Southern Drawl Band (Nashville)
- Tuesday, Oct. 4: Nick and the Ovorols (Pensacola)
- Wednesday, Oct. 5: The Vegabonds (Nashville)
- Thursday, Oct. 6: Lee Yankie & The Hellz Yeah (Gulf Shores)
- Monday, Oct. 10: Hotel Oscar (Destin)
- Tuesday, Oct. 11: Paw Paw’s Medicine Cabinet (Mobile)
- Wednesday, Oct. 12: The Mulligan Brothers (Mobile)
- Thursday, Oct. 13: The Truth Featuring Cat Rhodes (Pensacola)
“StudioAmped” airs on WSRE Thursdays at 9 p.m. Encore presentations air on Wednesdays at 10 p.m., and past episodes can always be viewed online at wsre.org/studioamped.
- What: WSRE invites music fans to join the studio audience for nine concerts taped live.
- Who: Eight bands and three song writers performing original music.
- Why: To promote the original music of regional artists, taping the concerts for broadcast on public television.
- When: Sept. 13; Oct. 3-6 and Oct. 10-13. Shows start at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.
- Where: WSRE Jean & Paul Amos Performance Studio, 1000 College Boulevard, Pensacola (on the Pensacola State College campus).
- Cost: Free admission. Donations for MANNA Food Pantries will be collected at the door.
Media Relations Contact: